Wednesday, May 9, 2007



Today was another fun day in Changsha, Hunan, China. We went to an elementary school. It was neat cause it was outdoor. It was also neat because when we sat on a tower thing a whole bunch of kids came out for recess and they all crowded around me and I was scrunched. And they talked a lot and shoved each other and they were wild. And they all wanted to meet me, my dad and mom and Nora and Nikki. They also had a basketball hoop and i jumped up and slammed it and hung on the rim. You can see me in a picture on this blog. It was different from Anderson because there were about 75 kids in a classroom. They were learning how to count in English. And at recess they did eye exercises by rubbing the top the bottom and the side of

their eyes.


After we went to the school we went to this place called the Fire House. We went and toured it and I saw the Fire King. It smelled like smoke cause they had these cat tail things smoking. And at that time I wish I had an ice cold Mountain Dew, because it was soooo hot. At the restaurant I almost tried this stuff called stinky tofu. You can see it in the picture. I mostly ate watermelon cause I wasn't really hungry. I almost bought a necklace with a Buddah on it like my sister Nora has from her foster parents, but I will wait until I get to Guangzhou.


When we got back to the hotel, Jack and I went swimming and we played with my beach ball again. It was really fun because we played in the kiddie pool and nobody else was there. After that Jack had to go eat lunch, so me and my dad went bowling on the 9th floor of the hotel. My dad won bowling. After that we played ping-pong and I won three games and he won one.


After we got done Jack came back from eating and we went to a playroom and the hotel had a little blow up horse and we always fight over who gets it. When we finished playing we went to a store to get Nora some snacks. We got her a pack of M&M's, 15 fruit snacks, 12 yogurt drinks. We got ourselves a pepsi, m&m's, sunflower seeds, and all we had to pay was 55 Yuan or seven American dollars. Then we went to the movie store and bought 6 dvd's and only had to pay eight American dollars. We got Flushed Away, Garfield 2, Rocky Balboa, Over the Hedge and some others that my dad got.


Then we went to the hotel and sat around until now. And my sister always says something in Chines!

Well I better go to sleep now bye!




4 comments:

erinjill said...

So, I have to know - what IS stinky tofu????? Looks like you guys area having lots of fun! Your new sister sure is a cutie!

Nicholas' Class said...

Dear Nick, How is Nora? Are you having fun? Me and Eli really miss you. When are you coming back? It is boring without you From, Ricky

Nicholas' Class said...

Hey nick how is china have you seen your baby sister see you soon your frend landon

Nick's Other Class said...

hi nick hi did you have fun in china

from ryder